Thursday, March 25, 2010

Once again...a call for PRAYERS!

I'm getting a little tired of that title.

My mom is in the ICU right now getting ready for surgery. She has been in a care center for a couple of months and has been slooooowly getting stronger. She hasn't been able to eat on her own and so they have been feeding her through a tube. She's been extremely nauseous and hasn't kept much down. That's why they're helping her get nutrients.

Up until yesterday, we've had high hopes of her being able to come home in a couple of weeks. The last couple of days she's had a terrible headache and was up all night throwing up last night again. They brought her to the ER today and did a CT scan and MRI and found out she has bleeding on the brain!! I'm having a really hard time wrapping my brain around this...once again. The first ER doctor was NOT hopeful, but the neurologist was a little more optimistic. They are going to preform surgery at 9:00 tonight and will do a biopsy to see if the cancer has spread there. They aren't exactly sure WHY she has bleeding on the brain. The concern right now is getting her blood thick enough to do the surgery. She is on blood thinners because of blood clots she has previously had in her lungs and legs.




It is SO hard to live far away at times like this. I pray that Heavenly Father will comfort us all right now. Especially my kids. They're having a hard time right now. I guess they're taking their cue from me.
So once again...please pray for my sweet parents BOTH!

8 comments:

Amber said...

Oh man, Tara! I just read this and it's 9:10...so hopefully things are going well in surgery! I'll be thinking about you and praying for you all!

Laurel C. said...

You and your family have certainly been through a lot in the last few months. This has got to be taking its toll!

Our thoughts and prayers will certainly be with you and your parents! Please keep us updated.

Maureen said...

I believe with all my heart and soul in the power of prayer. I cannot pretend to imagine how hard this has been for you ... to be so far away at such a critical time. But I do know that you do not have to walk this path alone. I, and all your friends, have been and will continue to pray for you and your family.

Gillett's said...

AS ALWAYS, we will pray! We Love you all so much-

Papa Merrill said...

Thanks all of Tara's friends for your prayers. Her Mother was better today than I have seen her in weeks. No headache. No Nausea. I know it is too soon to get real excited but this, May be the corner we have been waiting to turn?

Mel said...

Of course, our prayers are with you and your family. I am sorry you are so far from her at this time.

Mandy Coleman said...

Hope she is okay. I'm so sorry to hear that your Mom is not well. I'm sure it is really hard not living close enough to them. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Rach said...

Oh my gosh, Tara! I'm just catching up on blogs. How did the surgery go? Our thoughts and prayers will be with your Mom, and with you and your family. What do you need??? Please let me do something for you...ANYTHING!