On the first night, we all went out to eat at Ruby's on the Pier at Seal Beach. The bride & groom were busy (of course) and so it was just the rest of us. From left to right: Sarah (Jason's sister) & her hubby, Garrett. Elizabeth (Jason's youngest sister) and her soon-to-be-fiance (we hope!), Jeff. Jason & his parents.
Then on Friday, the girls went to a shower for Jodi (my new SIL) and some went out for pedicures after. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with Jason because it doesn't happen as often as I'd like it to! We went to Venice Beach.
It was such a cool place, with so many things to see - and smell, I might add. Good and bad. It was fun to walk the boardwalk as the sun was setting.

AMAZING photo opportunities! My brother-in-law came with us and he had a great eye for some cool shots. I'll have to post some of those another time, like in the middle of winter when we all need a pick-me-up! ha ha!

Here is one just to let you see how beautiful it was!

Later that night we went to the Queen Mary for dinner. It's a really cool old ship that is now a hotel and restaurant. I guess it's also haunted, but whatever. It was beautiful. I took some shots of the city, but they turned out really blurry.
Saturday was the BIG DAY in the Los Angeles Temple. It couldn't have been a more beautiful day. The weather was perfect and the ceremony was great! They had an "all white" wedding and it was really neat. Unfortunately Jason had set his temple bag down while we were taking pictures and forgot to pick it back up. I've been trying to call today to see if anyone turned it in but haven't had any luck yet. His sister is flying out this week and we're hoping she can bring it to him. It had all of his temple clothes, Mp3 player, and his keys in it! Luckily I had put my keys in my purse or we'd never had made it home from the airport! ha ha! We also left our coats in the hotel and Elizabeth was able to get those for us. We were having so much fun, I think we forgot just about everything! :o)
Here is a photo of Jason's brother's and sister's. 3 boys and 2 girls. (and the bride)
Their reception was held at a beautiful house in Naples (near Long Beach) over looking the marina. This is a shot I took from the rooftop deck. Cool 'eh?

And here is a shot of the happy couple resting their feet before the reception.
Congratulations Keith & Jodi!!!
AMAZING photo opportunities! My brother-in-law came with us and he had a great eye for some cool shots. I'll have to post some of those another time, like in the middle of winter when we all need a pick-me-up! ha ha!
Here is one just to let you see how beautiful it was!
Later that night we went to the Queen Mary for dinner. It's a really cool old ship that is now a hotel and restaurant. I guess it's also haunted, but whatever. It was beautiful. I took some shots of the city, but they turned out really blurry.
Here we are at the temple.
Here is a photo of Jason's brother's and sister's. 3 boys and 2 girls. (and the bride)
And here is a shot of the happy couple resting their feet before the reception.
On the morning before we headed back to Colorado we had a little fun.
Here we are at Santa Monica Pier.
(Yeah, eyes are closed but I liked this one with the pier in the background.)
It was so beautiful! Hard to believe that it was snowing back home!
I think this is the only photo I got of Jason's brother, Mark & his wife Melinda. They took off once we got to the pier and we didn't see them again.
Garrett, Melinda, Mark, Sarah, & Jason.
Jeff, Liz, Sarah, Garrett, Melva (my MIL), Me & Jason

10 comments:
Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend for many reasons. So glad that you and Jason were able to go. Vacations without children are RARE!
What fun pictures! And how interesting to "see" what you were describing on the phone those 4 days. What a fun trip, and what a fun family weekend. (I just love those.) That's so great that all 5 kids and significant others were able to be there! And I can't wait to meet Jodi and Jeff this Friday at the Castle Rock, CO reception.
I bet The Brian/Melva Eddington Family will treasure those family shots at the wedding. Those look beautiful.
(I hope your kids are recovered from having Wacky Laurel in charge. Has Morgan told you about having to wear Scooby Doo underwear yet?) :)
Ha ha ha Laurel~ Yes! She actually thought it was pretty funny! I could have sworn I put some in there for her! I also understand that you gave Nicole $ for lunch? I KNOW she had some still in her account so I don't know what was up with that! I really wanna pay you for all the $$ you forked out this weekend, but I don't have a clue how much it is. PLEASE let me know!!! I am so grateful for all you did!! Thank yoU!!
So jealous!! I have been dying to go to the beach and take pictures. And, you got to go without kids? Lucky! Looks like you had a lot of fun.
Oh, I am so envious that you got to go to California! I've been dying to go and see our families.
Anyway, the pictures show that you had a blast. Can't wait to sit down with you and hear all the details!
Sounds like so much fun. I am jealous as that is my old stomping grounds. Glad you could get away from it all.
Ohhh I am sooo jealous! But also mostly just happy for you and Jason that you were able to have a nice getaway! (Soooo nice of your friends ... so this time you could go just the two of you!) Looks like you had a really great time. And I LOVE Seal Beach. Darren and I were there around this time last year. Beautiful.
I'm so glad you posted these awesome pix. Looks like such a great trip with a great family!! Thank heavens for blogs so that I can keep up with your life since we live so far apart!! Miss ya!
What a beautiful wedding place. The picture from the deck was fabulous. Dad showed me some of the pictures Keith posted of the wedding. It looks like everything was just perfect. They are such a cute couple and seem so happy together. Your in-laws worked so hard to make it a wonderful day of memories for them. They are great people. I sure wished Dad and I could have gone. I am sooooooo looking forward to feeling well enough to do stuff again. Good luck with the open house on Friday.
fun, fun, and more fun!!! Excited you got some time with your hubby...without the kiddo's!
Post a Comment