Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Privacy

I have decided to go private with our family blog at this time. Things have gotten a little crazy right now with social media. I think that people are a little to involved in each others lives and I would sooner not be a part of all that right now.  I need a break from it all, but I'd like to have somewhere I can record what's going on in our lives without having to share it with everyone.

I started working outside the home at the beginning of April.  Jason's job keeps threatening furloughs and if they end up going through with them, it's going to be tough.  It will mean he won't get paid for 2 days a paycheck and our income will be cut thirty percent. I know I need to have faith that it will all work out, but it's hard.  I am working for a small accounting firm in South Ogden, Utah doing the Accounts Payable.  It's 20 hours a week right now with the possibility of more hours. I'm nervous about this summer when the kids are out of school.  Nicole is going to have to help out with tending quite a bit.  The job wasn't awful when I was able to be home by the time the kids were out, but I'm not so sure about having to leave them.  It was hard when my mom worked all the time and I was hoping I wouldn't have to. But sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

Nicole is in the 7th grade this year at Legacy Jr High. It's been a rough year with living with my parents from July to the end of December and moving into our current home. She's had a lot to deal with but I'm so proud of her. She's made the honor roll and has had a 3.5 GPA or higher each quarter. She's worked really hard. She's so responsible and helpful. We are so blessed to have her in our family.

Morgan is in 3rd grade and has a fantastic teacher this year. Mrs Tonioli has helped her so much. They did some testing this year to see about learning disabilities and discovered that Morgan just processes things slower than some people. She didn't seem to have any disabilities, just needs a little more exposure to things to understand them, but once she does, she gets it! We have hired a private tutor for the summer and hope it helps. She has an amazing attitude about everything and always tries so hard.  She is the sweetest and so giving. We call her our little peacemaker.

Tyler is in the 1st grade this year. He started the year with one teacher and then she left and so he has a new teacher. It's been a little crazy. He's such a fun loving kid and always full of energy.  He has loved our new home because we back up to a golf course. He is obsessed with golf and loves to go every chance he can get with his dad.  He is all boy and always so happy.

We have been so transitional these past 2 years since we left Colorado.  It's been hard for us all as a family. We miss Colorado and would LOVE to move back.  It would just be nice to settle down for a while, but we are still renting here. If these furloughs don't go through, we are hoping to be able to be in a house of our own again by the end of next summer (2014).  It might take a lot longer if we lose all that income from Jason's job furloughs.  We just aren't sure we're wanting to settle here in Utah.  Jason has been looking for other jobs within the government. He even had a few interviews with a company outside the government that is in Green River, WY.  We haven't heard back about that one yet, but neither of us want to move there. Our dream would be to get a job back in Colorado somewhere. Fingers crossed!

We've been really busy with getting my parents house on the market.  My mom has been battling cancer for several years and has pretty much given up. She's decided not to do chemo anymore and is currently in an assisted living place with my dad. He slipped during an awful ice storm in January and hit his head and had bleeding on his brain. They had to put a shunt in and he's been trying to recover from that for several months. They are both trying to get strong enough so that they can move into a condo we have for them. They don't really want to leave the care center, though. It's too expensive and they need to. We have been trying to sell their house and hope it sells soon.

So for now, we're staying super busy and hoping things are on the upswing for us. I'd like to play catch up with this blog and share some of the things we have been doing.

So more to come...

No comments: