1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Pulled out all of my eyelashes! Not on purpose!
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I honestly didn't really make any last year, but I did this year with the kids for FHE.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep! I have a new niece and lots of cousins with new babies!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Sadly yes. My 2 beautiful aunts, Linda & Rosie. I was very close to them both.
5. What countries did you visit?
None this year. Unless you count the Deep South as another country! ha ha! (MS, LA, TX)
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Better financial security with better medical insurance.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 9-February 14: Missing Jason so badly while he was in Mississippi. Not an easy time.
March 4: Hearing that my Aunt Linda had suddenly passed away.
May 26: Learning that my Aunt Rosie had passed after a long battle with Alzheimer's.
8. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year?
Wow, this is a hard one. Honestly just getting out of bed some days. I think that this is something I might need to focus on for the next year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Much easier... I think I'm pretty hard on myself as a mother sometimes.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I've had a hard time with my feet this year.
July/August was pretty rough when we all got sick with the H-flu & had several rounds of antibiotics to get rid of it.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our new swing set for the kids! Love it!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom's decision to fight cancer and get out of the rehab center. It wasn't easy for her!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Ummm... Not really anyone, I guess. Maybe the kids at times! ha ha! Oh I know! When Tyler flooded my kitchen! Yep... that's it!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Medical bills. Medical bills. And MORE medical bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My mom's remission diagnosis. (Both times!)
Getting to fly down to New Orleans to see Jason after he'd been gone so long!
16. What song (s) will always remind you of 2010?
Sarah Bariellis: King of Anything
Lady Antebellum: Never Alone
Natasha Bettingfield: Unwritten (MY theme song!)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) Happier! My mom isn't in the hospital & Jason isn't about to leave for 5 weeks!
b) Yeah, not even going there... ha ha!
c) Poorer, but with hopes of better times ahead.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Moving/exercising.
More one on one with the kids, too.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Shouting.
Wasted time worrying.
20. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Over and over again!
21. What was your favorite TV program?
The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope. What a strange question. Don't really hate anyone. Do "grown-ups" really have someone they hate? I get to choose who I surround myself with, thankfully!
23. What was the best book you read?
I loved the Love Comes Softly Series.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I have loved a CD my sister gave me called Male Voices (I think). It has hymns that are all acapella. I love all kinds of music!
25. What did you want and get?
I wanted to be able to go camping this year. We had a fun time! Look forward to more!
26. What did you want and not get?
The basement finished. *Sigh* Here's to 2011.
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
There really wasn't anything I really loved this year. Maybe Killers? Nothing really.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned (gulp) 35 and Jason took the day off. The kids were off of school, too & we spent the day together. We went swimming @ the YMCA & out for dinner. I just enjoy being together.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Hmmm? Looking back, I wish we'd have made better financial decisions.
I wish we would have changed our medical insurance long before.
I wish my parents could have been well enough to come visit.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Oh boy... WHAT fashion concept? Anything that fits, pretty much. *sigh*
31. What kept you sane?
Jason. As always.
My faith & family, too. (although they might have caused some of the Insanity, too!) ha ha!
HERE'S TO A FANTASTIC 2011 !!

3 comments:
I'm glad you did this. It's a fun way to remember the year. I'm going to have to read the Love Comes Softly series, I've seen the movies but haven't read the books (and books are ALWAYS better than the movies!)
What a fun idea! I loved reading your answers. Hope 2011 is waaay better for you and your poor little tootsies!
Wow! Thanks for doing this. It was so great to hear your answers!! Written out like that you realize what a full full year it's been. Some good (new babies ... love love my baby Tate) ... some bad (especially losing Momma Linda, and Rosie, ... now our angels ... and we too have medical bills bills bills) ... but through it all ... I'm so glad to call you my friend! Here's to a great 2011! Mental note to self: GET a fashion concept. ;)
Post a Comment