Friday, June 11, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

Just a little photo of us at my grandparents grave. This year brought back so many memories of going from cemetery to cemetery "visiting" ancestors who have passed. My dad LOVES to tell us stories of each one and as a kid, it was torture. We just wanted to get to the good part - going to the park with all the cousins and playing until dark! But as an adult, I really cherish those memories and even had my dad tell MY kids a few of those stories.

Some of those Memorial Day traditions have dwindled off, but it was fun to be in Utah and make some memories of our own.

6 comments:

Mom. Wife. Pet Tamer. Picture Taker. said...

we were in IL this year so we went to all the graves from my moms family to place flowers. Braedyn really enjoyed listening to my grandma tell him who they were and stories about them too! now i think i might have to go update my blog!!!!

Mel said...

We were in UT and did that too. Wouldn't that be something to have seen you at one. I love those memories too. There are always new ones I hear each time. My kids just love the free soda that they get at one of them.

Maureen said...

Great post. I think it's really important to continue those traditions with our children, AND to keep those memories alive. Someday, when we're a huge, loving, eternal family, then those who've passed won't be strangers to you children because they've heard all about them! btw--love the pic! :D

Rach said...

That's a great picture! Isn't it funny how the things we take for granted as children we really love when we're older? I think that's a great tradition to continue!

Tiffany said...

It was so great to have you here over Memorial Day! That hasn't happened for such a long time. Thanks again for spending the day with mom & dad.

Siri said...

It's always so good to see you Tara. And I love the photo.