I have had the best of intentions with starting up on this blog again. I'd like to use it as a way of keeping a record of our family, but somehow I can't seem to get it up and going again. It has been a really crazy year (or two). I realize I've posted twice in 2012 and 2013. Maybe I need to briefly recap the last little bit, but I think I'll just begin with 2014.
I am no longer working (as of about two weeks ago). It has been wonderful! I love being home and now have time to help out at the school. The kids are all at the Syracuse Arts Academy this year. It is a charter school and they wear uniforms. I actually really like it, but they don't. Haha! We are required to help out 30 hours a year and when I was working, I wasn't able to help at all. I have a lot of catching up to do, but look forward to it.
Jason was given a temporary promotion to a GS-13 and will begin this new job on Monday. His boss has taken a new position and he will be replacing him for 120 days. It's a weird thing they have with the government, where they need to jump through all kinds of hoops before they're allowed to fill a position. Jason's not sure if he really wants this position permanently, but it will be a good experience for him. It's a difficult group to supervise and he is actively looking for jobs outside of Utah. We'd love to be back in Colorado. That's our ultimate goal.
We've been here in Utah for almost 3 years. Three loooooong years. It has probably been the hardest this past year for our family. I am hoping 2014 is better than 2013 was. Things have GOT to get better and I am trying to have a positive attitude about that.
Here's to a great 2014!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment