MAY 2nd-4th, 2011As it is well known by now, Jason got a promotion with the Dept. of Air Force and we had to leave our beautiful little home we loved so much in Colorado Springs. It was a great move for his career and so we were very happy about that. AND the fact that it was going to send us back to Utah (near MY family), made the decision much easier. Although, it wasn't made lightly. After MUCH fasting and prayer, we decided it was what the Lord wanted for our family.
Luckily
(we think-we'll see once we get all the boxes opened), the job offer came with a full moving expense package. They paid for movers and also the option for them to purchase our house if it didn't sell in X-amount of days. Thankfully, it did sell and we closed on Aug. 12
th with the buyers after the headache of having to put on a new roof for them & all that came with that stress.
Here is our home with the busyness of the movers:

Tyler loved watching the whole thing, but I will be eternally grateful to those who helped keep him out of the way on those busy days.
(You know who you are!)

After they had packed up everything we thought we could live without for a few months, we loaded up the rest of our things into a
Uhaul & onto our trailer. We didn't know exactly how long we'd need to stay with my parents
(who unselfishly opened their home to us- indefinitely), so we needed to keep a few things with us.

OH how I miss the
crisp blue skies of Colorado!! One of MANY things that make me SO homesick as I go back over these photos. I think that might be part of why it has taken me so long to do this. I
really miss Colorado. I have had to have the Lord confirm to me (many times!) our decision to move. I know we are where we should be at this point in our lives, but it doesn't make it any easier.
Especially when we had such wonderful neighbors like Rick & Wendy
DeMatto. Here are the kids saying goodbye to sweet Wendy.

And we are off to new adventures.

More to come...
3 comments:
Love that picture of Tyler out there with the shovel! Glad you are blogging again, I have missed reading your posts!
Moving is NEVER any fun, no matter where you're going. The stress and emotions of it all can be so overwhelming. I still remember the feeling of taking that first picture off the wall. You wonder if you're really doing the right thing, but there's no going back. It's good to hear that you have peace and reassurance from the Lord that this is the right thing for your family.
I can imagine how much you miss Colorado! It's so so beautiful there. My grandma lived in Arvada for a long time. I have great memories of going to Casa Bonita with her! But we are also so thrilled you are here. xo
Post a Comment